Common Work Site Accidents
Accidents in the workplace can happen to anyone. Incidents are more common in jobs involving physical labor such as construction. Our firm also works with public employees, such as firefighters or police officers, who are injured on the job.
Common work site accidents include:
- Slip-and-falls: Falling off ladders or from heights are some of the most dangerous accidents. Slipping on wet or hazardous surfaces is also common.
- Falling objects: Workers are surrounded by equipment on work sites, which can lead to dangerous falling objects.
- Vehicle accidents: Whether it’s large machinery or a car you drive for your job, vehicle accidents are common.
- Machine injuries: Working with machines can lead to injuries from becoming entangled or incorrect operation.
- Occupational exposure: Many workers are exposed to conditions that can be harmful. In some cases this can lead to long-term health issues.
These are a few of the injuries workers experience. If you are injured in any way on the job, it is important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You’re Injured
Being aware of common accidents can help you avoid being injured, but it is important to know what to do if you are hurt. Following these steps can help you recover your losses:
- Seek medical attention: Call 911 in an emergency and get ongoing care from a doctor you trust.
- Report the injury to your employer: Make sure you follow the protocol and document everything.
- Hire an attorney: The right lawyer can help ensure you are taking the right steps to recover from your injury.
Attorneys Ready To Represent You
The team at the Law Offices of Feeley & LaRocca is experienced in cases involving workplace accidents. Residents in South Orange and throughout New Jersey can get a free 30-minute consultation by calling 973-821-5359 or emailing the firm.